Martinique is a little bit of France in the Caribbean. The island, part of the Lesser Antilles, is a port of call for numerous popular cruise lines but can easily be a destination onto itself. There is so much to see and do! Here are a few tips if you plan to visit the “Isle of Flowers”.
Know Before You Go
- Citizens of the U.S., Canada, Japan, the EU or EEA countries can stay up to three months without a visa; however, citizens of the first three countries require a valid passport.
- The currency is the Euro but the US dollar is accepted by many vendors.
- The languages spoken are French and a Creole dialect.
- The culture is a lovely mixture of French and Caribbean West Indies.
- It is a comparatively expensive place to visit in high season (winter).
- The best time to visit to avoid higher prices, crowds, and the hurricane season is May.